Mar 3, 2014

A HAPPY LITTLE TULLE SKIRT

While the kids were home from school on their (6!) snow days, I did school and crafts with them in the mornings and then during their "quiet time" I sewed and worked on projects. This skirt was one of those projects. I saw a tutorial for it here. Parts of it were so much easier than I thought-cutting the tulle was a bit harder than I thought... but I finished the skirt in about 2 hours. I also sewed in a beige slip because even with the lining, it was a little see through. And I just love the skirt! It's so fun and can be dressed up or down. To be more casual, pair it with a chambray or plaid shirt and some flats.
{sweater: Banana Republic, clutch: Lulu's c/o, skirt: made it, heels: Target}

6 comments:

  1. I love this!! I have been secretly pining for a tulle skirt for quite a while. I just don't have anywhere to wear it. I'm almost to the point that I don't care and get one anyway. I can always wear it on a decadent day at home watching movies and eating bon bons.

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tule, It allways suits well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww you couldnt look any cuter in that tule skirt. The green cardigan and the pearls gives it such an elegant touch, right up my alley :-)

    ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how you styled this skirt, gorgeous! :)

    ~Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah,
    Dropping by from the linkup.
    Lovely skirt you made! So cute and elegant at the same time and I love the pop of colour to bring cheer and sophistication to the outfit.

    Cheers,
    Everest
    www.everestsays.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg....i am drooling over the skirt!! wish i was better at sewing - i am trying to teach myself

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...