Apr 22, 2013

LITTLE GIRL'S ROOM REVEAL

When we moved in almost 6 years ago, we used this room as our bedroom, then I painted it grey and it was our guest room for just over three years. When Elly moved out of the nursery, I moved her in to this room. I liked the grey, but after painting the trim white in her room, the grey just looked a little drab. I decided to give the room a new paint color and add some new things to make this a little girl's room. I had a whole color scheme worked out with the grey so that I wouldn't have to repaint the walls... but as I got working on it, I just didn't like it. I kept thinking that this needs to look like a little girl's room-not a guest room. So I went all out and changed a lot. 
{I painted the walls, the trim, got new blinds, added a bookshelf, two gallery walls, a new light fixture and new cushions for the glider}
{My two little gallery walls}
{I switched out the IKEA knobs for some from Hobby Lobby}
{I got the birdcage, bird and ampersand (those two I spray painted gold) from Hobby Lobby. The mirror is thrifted and painted}
{My homemade hair bow holder}
{The sweater was made when my husband was born-luckily it was a bit girly so it's perfect for Elly's room :)}

 {Homemade shelves made from an old linen closet door. They are the perfect height so that Elly can grab books off to read-every morning the shelf is empty because she takes all the books in to her bed at night. Thankfully she hasn't ever grabbed the vase with dried flowers in it! I think she knows it's not to be touched :)}
{check out some tutorials: glider | floating shelves | hair bow holderchandelier | pom pom garland | baby stats subway art | photo on wood wall hanging | name wall art | monogram pillow | IKEA mirror makeover}

29 comments:

  1. It's such a fresh and beautiful room. The different knobs on the dresser are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and dreamy! Love that new light fixture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room turned out gorgeous! Love the wall color (by the way what color is it?) and the painted chandelier, as well as the red accents! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paint color is Tomorrow's Child and I think it is an ACE brand color, but I had them match it for Benjamin Moore paint.

      Delete
  4. I love this! So pretty bright. I want it for my room and I'm most definitely not a little girl anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - LOVE IT.... I want to do just about that color in my living room!!! I love the way you brought in so many beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so pretty! I especially love the confetti print in one of your gallery walls! Did you make that or buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually made it myself and it was super easy. I just used a hole punch and punched a bunch of tiny circles out of scrapbook paper and then put a coat of Mod Podge on card stock and sprinkled all the tiny circles on it.

      Delete
  7. love this room! now all i need is to add a little girl to my crew! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic!!!! I love the colors and the little touches of vintage everywhere! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. L-O-V-E, love this room! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this room! Makes me wish I had a little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so adorable! love your gallery walls. well, love everything about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE it! So happy and cheery. Please come do my girls rooms. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is absolutely stunning... I love the colors you chose, the light fixture, the birdcage, the knobs... the ottoman fabric, the pillow fabrics... the hair bow holder... well, pretty much everything! So lovely!
    Krista @thehappyhousie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your choice of colors was extraordinary! Thanks so much for sharing, Sarah. Definitely pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your color scheme, that pastel blue with the richer hued colors as accents. The room is fresh and spunky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love every last detail about this room!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I JUST LOVE IT, everything about it is just too perfect! Thank you so much for stopping by and linking this up at Bewitch Me & Titi! You are going to be feature tomorrow!!! yayyy come and link again and grab you featured button!

    Hugs
    Cami @ TitiCrafty by Camila

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! It is so pretty and bright. If you get a chance, please share this on my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/05/sunday-link-party-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill. You are being featured this morning!
    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, and join me tomorrow evening for Make the Scene Monday #73!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw this as a feature over at Bewitch Me & Titi! What a beautiful room! Can't wait to see what else you come up with! You have your newest follower!

    http://living-better-together.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous little girls room on Project Inspired! I featured you today! http://www.settingforfour.com/2013/05/12-beautiful-and-creative-ways-to.html Hope to see you at tonights party at 8 pm EST! Have a super week pretty lady! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty!! I love every single detail!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is sooo pretty! You did an amazing job! Little girl rooms are so much fun to decorate!
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a sweet looking space - so colourful and fun! I have this linked to my beautiful girls rooms post too today, this is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this color! Not only is it bright and fresh but I think it's also more age appropriate for Elly. And I adore that light fixture! Did you buy that as is or did you paint it as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it from a thrift store and spray painted it.

      Delete
  26. Such a sweet room! I especially love the hair bow holder. Very nice! Kari

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...