Jan 31, 2013

valentine's treat bags

Well, I finally finished Jackson's valentine's for school. I am sure once all of my kids are in school I will just be sending in a box of conversation hearts with their name written on it... but I figure while I have time to spend on creativity, I will do something a little bit more time consuming. 
to make:
first. Cut a bunch of little triangles out of scrapbook paper for the banner.
second. On cardstock, print your valentine message. Cut and fold the cardstock to fit your treat bags. 
third. Sew on the banner to your cardstock with a sewing machine.
fourth. Stuff your treat bags. The boys loved this job! They filled the bags (that I got at Michael's) with M&M's, a Snickers and a heart eraser.
fifth. Staple the treat bags to the back of the label.
sixth. Put a couple pieces of double sided tape to the inside of your label.
Fold it over so the tape sticks and you're done! I made 30 of these guys so that we could have a few extra to give to teachers and friends.

 

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea. You did a great job. Love your blog too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I never thought to personalize treat bags like this...and easy but elegant! I'm hosting a Loving Valentine's Day party and I'd love for you to stop by and share this!

    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2013/02/loving-valentines-day-party-link-up.html

    Have a wonderful day,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable! I'm so going to have to figure out a Spider-man version for my son though. He won't let me get away with anything that is not a super hero thing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, very cute.

    We are hosting a link party that is live today. We would like to invite you to link up and share this with our readers.

    Thanks!

    The Busy Bee's,
    Myrna and Joye.

    http://thebusybhive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful and clever! I absolutely love how you sewed the bag shut...genius! Thanks for sharing at the Loving Valentine's Day Party!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah
    I'm popping over from I [heart] Naptime's features. I adore your treat bags. Love the way you sewed the banner on the topper. C-U-T-E! I have created many a treat bag, as they are quick, easy and get a lot of "awwww, precious" reactions! I'm now following you and look forward to catching up on your older posts and your new ones. Would love you to visit me at altered-artworks.blogspot.com to say hello.
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute!!! Love the little flag banner you made for it. Thanks so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation. Your post got the most views this past week so I am going to be featuring it at tonights link party! Wahoo!!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The information and the aspect were just wonderful. I think that your viewpoint is deep, it’s just well thought out and truly incredible to see someone who knows how to put these thoughts so well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...