Jan 17, 2013

diy stamped cork board

Today I want to share a project that I guest posted over at Poppy Seed Projects Blog, it is a stamped cork board. I always just stuck important papers on the refrigerator but my kids loved pulling the magnets off so I would end up loosing my notes and papers... so I decided to make a message board with some materials from Poppy Seed Projects.

to make:
first. I saw the Eleanor trim piece and bought the 16x20 frame. I layered on some Texture Cream from Poppy Seed Projects. When that dried, I painted the frame white. When that dried I distressed it with sandpaper.

second. I bought a cork board from a thrift store for $2.99. I broke the wood frame off and used a matte knife to cut it the right size to fit inside the frame. 
third. Before I glued it to the frame, I used a stamping technique I use for many projects. I simply cut freezer paper the size of a normal sheet of paper and then printed words on the shiny side of the freezer paper. While the ink was still wet, I pressed it on to the cork board and carefully rubbed it to make sure the ink left a good print. Make sure that if you are going to stamp words, you need to reverse the lettering on the computer or else it will appear backwards. Then I glued the cork board to the back of the frame.
fourth. I made some pushpins with some fabric scraps and my brad maker.
It's perfect because it allowed me to remove my refrigerator clutter and display my notes and reminders in a pretty frame that matches perfectly with my other kitchen decor.

8 comments:

  1. Sarah - this is so cool! Love the brads and the techniques you shared ... pinned for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely beautiful!! Love it. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love this! What a pretty way to dress up cork board. Thanks for your great idea! I've pinned it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up to It's Party Time today! I love your cork board - the fabric buttons are so adorable and I love the French Chocolate graphic too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love DIY projects, and this cork board is chic and adorable! Must do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s a new Linky Party to create more buzz for your blog and connect with others! If you haven’t joined Creative Crafts Thursday yet, please share your projects at www.creativecraftsthursday.blogspot.com each and every week and check out what other creative divas are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I just came across your blog. I'm a new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...