Dec 7, 2012

no sew ruffle tree skirt

I have seen these no sew ruffle tree skirts all over, so when I realized I needed a new tree skirt, because I changed my tree decor colors, I decided to try one. I think they look so pretty and I mean... no sew?!... I'm in! I also didn't want to spend a lot of money on it, so I bought 5 yards of muslin, some ribbon and lots of glue sticks.
I actually didn't take any pictures of the process, so if you need to see some pictures of it, here is a great tutorial that has some pictures and instructions of how to make the base. Otherwise, all you do is cut a tree skirt pattern from the fabric, I just used my old one to get the right size. I cut the rest of the fabric in to long strips that were 5 inches wide. Slowly hot glue the strips of fabric to the base creating a ruffle as you go around by pinching the fabric together. Continue until all of the base material is covered. I then just hot glued some ribbon on to the slit. I think it took me about an hour and half to make.

17 comments:

  1. Ooh, so beautiful! I think this is what I'll be doing this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and I love it! Also love this tree skirt project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, I think it's perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous - you make it sound SO easy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you used wide strips of fabric. I started to make one, but realized that with cutting 2 1/2 inch strips, the project was going to take forever! Thank you for sharing and giving a time estimate! I might go and make one this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this would be such a pretty wreath too!

    if you haven't already, we would love to have you stop by the blog for our giveaway!

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. I so want to make this. I just made a crate to hide the side but think I would love the contrast of the ruffles with the wood crate too! I shared it on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree skirt is fabulous. I love the ribbon you've chosen. It gives it an extra flair of elegance. I made a new one this year, too.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is beautiful! I love it! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out gorgeous! I'd love to have you stop by my weekly link party and link this up. http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! I've seen this floating around the web, and yours is my favorite. :) The ribbon makes it perfect. I will definitely be pinning this to make for next Christmas! Visiting from Live, Laugh, Rowe. :)

    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen several no-sew ruffle tree skirts around too, but I think this is my favorite. It's simple, but those ribbon ties add just the right amount of elegance to it. Great job!

    I'd love if you linked up to my Show & Tell party this week. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2012/12/show-tell-5.html

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! I love how you used the ribbons to tie bows to keep it together. What a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it would be easier to do a simple stitch along the end of each strip, pull the threads to gather fabric and sew on the skirt than to mess with the glue gun. I usually burn myself a few times when using a glue gun. It is a beautiful skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...