Nov 7, 2012

thanksgiving table decor

I definitely went back to nature for this year's Thanksgiving table setting. Not only do I like how it looks, going "back to nature" is pretty inexpensive. My neighbors had a tree that had fallen down, so all of the wood used was from their tree. I made some candle holders by drilling a hole in the top of a cut log and then placed a tea light candle in the top. 
I bought some pumpkins and cranberries from the grocery store. I cut the insides out of an orange to hold some cranberries. I love the smell of oranges and cranberries. I bought these little jars from IKEA and filled them with cranberries and orange peels. 
 Come back next Wednesday to see what I did to make some seating place holders for guests at your Thanksgiving dinner.

16 comments:

  1. Love all the natural touches, Sarah! Well done! Pinning to my tablescapes board. :)
    Enjoy your day ~ Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Natural decor is my favorite so your table is especially awesome to me. I love the colors and the pieces of wood you used. Very inspiring!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this set up. Found your blog through Roadkill Rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looks so good and I love all the elements you used. The cranberries in the orange is a great idea - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute! It is very fallie and natural! I will pin this for later:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The natural elements and the color tones look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table is beautiful! I love all the natural decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Naturally beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration! I recently bought burlap for a table runner but was kind of stuck on exactly what to do. I think your simple frayed edged runner is perfect! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just love all the natual and rusticness here. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your ideas to use sliced logs, and the orange peel - brilliant!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very natural, warm and elegant. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Featuring today or tomorrow on Bacon Time! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really pretty! Love everything about it! The orange and cranberry are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah, the decor is just PERFECT!!! I would happily accept an invitation for supper at your place :) hehe

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...