Nov 22, 2012

hot chocolate gift jars

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are having a great day eating lots of yummy food!
I saw this post at my link party a few weeks ago and was totally inspired to make something by soldering two mason jar lids together. Then I thought, with the holidays and cold weather here, hot chocolate and marshmallows would be the perfect use for the soldered mason jars. And they would make perfect little gifts. To make the jars, check out her tutorial. Then I bought some paper straws and dipped some wooden spoons (from here) in melted white chocolate and sprinkled some crushed candy canes on top.
Then the jar doubles as the glass for the hot chocolate.

12 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love the stripey straws and the jar as glass for the hot chocolate! Pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unique and wonderful gift!
    I would definitely looooooooooove to receive such a gift
    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this gift and that you used mason jars:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! I absolutley love it!
    Jen at
    http://chocolatesforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I would love to have you come share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on at ‘Or so she says…' There’s one going on right now (and every Saturday – Tuesday). Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's adorable! Such a creative little gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the jar doubles as the cup! This is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea, I love it!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill. You are being featured later this evening!
    Have a fantastic week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness I'm SO TICKLED that you used my jars! ♥ Thats the EXACT configuration I was looking for when I made them, but I scoured my town and couldn't find any of the bitty ones to go on top. Thanks so much for sharing my tutorial, I'm SO GLAD you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...