Nov 29, 2012

holiday ice cream scoops

These little ice cream scoops are the perfect holiday treat! To make them, just scoop out some ice cream and form it in to a ball. You could use a melon scooper (I had only a tiny melon scooper so it didn't work), so what worked for me was my tablespoon. This little baby made it so much easier to get a round ball of ice cream.
Then stick a little spoon in the ice cream ball (I got my spoons here). Put the ice cream balls on wax paper and put them in the freezer. When the ice cream is firm again, roll them in the toppings. I used sprinkles, crushed candy canes and hot cocoa mix. Keep them in the freezer on wax paper until ready to serve. 

12 comments:

  1. I love this idea! And it is so simple, but looks like something that took a lot of effort! I followed you from Katherine's Korner... so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute! My little guy loves ice cream and this wold be sooo cute to do for a family ice cream night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! They would be perfect for a little kids holiday party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute. I am inviting you to come and share this in my Show Your Stuff blog hop, the party runs from Thursday evening until Tuesday: http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cocoa powder idea is great, I wouldn't have thought of it! I would love if you would share at Fall Into the Holidays, running Saturdays through Thursdays-

    http://redcrowgreencrow.wordpress.com/tag/fall-into-the-holidays/

    Katie @ Horrific Knits

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how cute these came out.
    Have a great week.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea! Love this for a holiday party!

    ReplyDelete

  8. Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill. You are being featured later this evening!
    Have a fantastic week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are featured at Smart! School {House} for Whimsy Wednesday! This amazing post really stood out. Please join us again and link up all of your latest creations! The new party and your feature will be up soon.
    http://www.smartschoolhouse.com

    Kelly at Smart! School {House}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...