Aug 15, 2012

geometric painted tee

Ever since I made my spray painted t-shirt, I have been thinking of other t-shirt designs. This time I decided to use craft paint. I also used some freezer paper so that I could do something other than just stripes.
to make:
first. Draw your design on the non shiny side of the freezer paper. I decided to go with a bunch of triangles that I just free handed on, but you could print something like this out I am sure.
 second. Use a matte knife to cut out your design.
third. Iron on your freezer paper to your shirt (make sure to put newspaper inside the shirt to protect the other side of the t-shirt)
fourth. Using some craft paint, paint your t-shirt. I used a paper towel to dab it on to give it more of a distressed look.
Then when it dries, just peel off your freezer paper. It was pretty quick and easy to make this. I think the craft paint cracks more than the spray paint, but the spray paint has a rougher texture. So I'm not sure which method I like better, but there are more color options with the craft paint. I have another t-shirt I am working on already...

26 comments:

  1. You are so creative and I love your choice of triangles! Pinning so I can add this to my t-shirt to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! How do you come up with these ideas! They're awesome :-)

    http://hopefaithandblessings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome! oh the colors I can think of ;0

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that is amazing!

    Hope to see you linked up at What I Wore Wednesday Just grab the badge or link and comment and you're good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun shirt! so creative!

    and i love the pink door. great picture location as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Nice crafty DIY, it looks so great!nå Thanks for the tutorial and great photos. Have a Nice day

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your shirt....I really love the pink doors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love the distressed idea with the paper towels!

    ~Amy
    www.LadyMockingbird.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found this from the DIY Dreamers Linky Party, and I adore it. This is definitely getting pinned!

    -Bonny @ thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is REALLY cute! I feel like I'd see that in some fancy boutique for way too much money!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! What a great way to dress up a plain t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah, I'm excited for you to have your own boutique! Super cute tee. I'm featuring you on Saturday and can't wait to see what you share at this week's party. XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, this is ROCKIN'!! I want 10 please!!! WOW!! Such a great design!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That came out fantastic! What a great idea. Maybe I could do this to bring new life to some old shirts the girls have.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute! It turned out great. I love the tip on making it distressed

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this too - what a great way to spice up all of my boring, solid color tees!

    ReplyDelete
  19. very cute!!!!!!! should do that;)
    ilovedoityourself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love what you did with your shirt and have featured it in my post as one of ten ways to redesign t-shirts: http://thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com/2012/11/from-t-shirt-to-treasure-part-2.html.

    ReplyDelete

  21. T-shirts have long been vehicles of personal expression. Be it your faded old Slayer T, your snippet of snark brashly
    emblazoned across your chest, your favorite comic book character set to fabric, or just your plain old white vest
    replete with a few coffee stains; your t-shirt tells people something about who you are. So what if you could change
    it, constantly, by making it digitally interactive?

    design a t shirt
    print on shirts
    digital t shirt printing
    custom tee shirts
    create t shirts


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...