Jun 27, 2012

4th of July Mantel

I decided to get a little festive with the 4th of July and put up some decorations, since this is one of my favorite holidays. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I made this shelf for my dining room. I just used the top and sides of an old shelf, then attached a back piece that I cut little lines in to make it look like bead board. Then I antiqued it a little and added some knobs I got from Hobby Lobby. So now I have this new shelf that I love to decorate.
Most of these things were just found around my house.
The candles: just plain red candles with some washi tape around them, then put on top of an upside down soufflĂ© dish.

The art work: A white frame that will eventually go in my bathroom, but hasn't quite made it there yet :)  I put some washi tape on some scrapbook paper, and you have art!
I changed out the banner on my pallet art.
For the American flag, I cut some scrap wood, spray painted it white and then decoupaged some stars and stripes scrapbook paper on. That was super easy and a fun little toy for the kids too.

13 comments:

  1. Sarah that all came together nicely. I really like that little flag block and am still loving that pallet art. The banner is a nice touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! Great example of a fun and festive holiday space without buying or crafting a ton of new decorations. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous...you have an amazing eye! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the layout! I have a mirror very similar to yours and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty!!! I love the candles you chose!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)
    ~Susie~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your mantel in patriotic colors. Hope you visit me at 142 on 52 Mantels blog hop. Thanks, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is so beautiful! We will be featuring your decor on our Patriotic Round-Up today!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love! It looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at our Pinteresting Party. Hope you will come back and share again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your mantle!

    Also, I nominated you for The One Lovely Blog Award and The Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Since I discovered your blog, I have been inspired by so many of your projects! Love your 30 minute maxi and spray paint tee and have made both!

    http://littlecorbinhill.blogspot.com/2012/07/nomination-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I love your blog and LOVE this look you've got going on in this post! Especially the pallet board sign with the bunting! It's adorable! I would LOVE to make one myself but you are not the only one that I've heard negative things from about how hard it is to work with pallet wood! I wont touch the stuff! You did a great job tho! I'm a new follower, hope you will check out my new blog!
    http://propheticwings.blogspot.com/
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of your decor! So cute! I am featuring your mantel at today's link party! Wahoo!!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...